Ohh boy what a week this has been. I pretty much struggled with everything and the deadline squeeze made things even more chaotic.
Pose: This week we were to do a devastation pose. Starting with sketches as always , I sat down and put down the obvious shaped that came to mind. Note that a regular pose takes me a few hours, including the sketching and final pose polishing. This one took me from Sunday to Thursday. Yup... I'm serious , I probably tried 5 or 6 poses and although most of them read correctly, they had a terrible silhouette or some form of twinning. I finally started taking pics of myself at work and found a angle that would work, but Stu's huge head proved to be another challenge. I'm serious, that head of his is bigger then the sun and block everything, lol.
Anyhow here's the sketches and final pose for week 5. (click twice to enlarge to full size)
Animation : So yeah on Friday I sat down and started the second half of the assignment. The animation which is to span no less then 60 or more then 120 frames. Having some 2d background I wasn't worried but then it hit me. The arcs in 3D are so foreign to me, this is a obstacle course, the platforms are not even and are all at different height. How will I do these jumps while maintaining a natural arc. I'm mean, the ball doesn't know it's about to impact a platform, and doing a perfect arc on platforms at different heights throws off gravity. So what happened........ panic kicked it and I got nothing done on friday. Saturday I devised a new plan and did overlapping jumps. Basically going past the platforms and removing the frames that went past them, this allowed me to get a natural bounce.
So here's the sketch
And the animation